Sunday, August 12, 2012

taste of purgatorio

Trying a trendy restaurant in New York is always a bit of a gamble.  Will the food live up to the hype or will it be a disappointing waste of money and stomach space? And if you know me, you know that there are few things more upsetting to me than wasted calories on non tasty food!

This past Saturday afternoon, I found myself at Dell'anima with J, S, Blondie and his wife. As I bit into a slice of deliciously crusty bread slathered with fresh ricotta, drizzled with honey and pine nuts, any thoughts of ordering a sensible salad flew out the window.




Instead, I ordered the uova in purgatorio and was rewarded by a divine dish.  My eggs were perfectly runny and served in a succulent tomato sauce with pancetta, rosemary and shallots.  All to be sopped up with the most buttery garlicy bread.  Just plain sinful.  Can't wait to do it again.  



No comments:

Post a Comment